How to attract, recruit and maintain a dedicated skilled and loyal workforce in the health sector (Aged Care)
This seminar is based on research from a recent royal commission report into the aged care sector and a workforce strategy that followed. The strategy outlined a number of skill gaps across the aged care sector, including a significant lack of management & leadership knowledge and skills. This was identified across all levels of staff, including management and supervisors. Based on the workforce strategy, I have put together an educational seminar. The seminar includes a lot of practical ideas and ‘How To’ methods. The purpose of the seminar is to develop and build knowledge and skills of people working across the aged care sector.
- Attract and recruit the best people
- Show time – you’re on show...
- Ensure candidates get excited about the job - Learn the secrets of good interview techniques
- What most recruiters miss when making a selection - Referee checking
- Selling the message and sharing the story
- How to influence people with positive expectations of the organisation
- Execution of onboarding is paramount – Get it right - Excellence is the mantra
- We are in the business of PEOPLE. – ‘Give a Dam’ – Really, really, really ‘give a dam’. Listen Listen. Listen
- ‘We have a meeting today”. How to conduct a successfully meeting. Things to do and things to avoid
- Capital investment – On-going people development
- How to provide your people with a sense of teamwork (community) and good will
- How to run a successfully rewarded and recognised program on a shoe string budget
- What to do when people leave
Bio. Kevin Egan
MBA, Adv. Dip, CIV TAE.
Kevin has lived and worked in Australia for most of his professional life. He started his career working on a factory floor. Not satisfied with factory work, he set off on a journey to create a successful life and career. This is a remarkable story of a person who was intellectually, economically and emotionally bankrupt and worked his way from obscurity to personal and business success.
During his career, Kevin has acquired a wealth of knowledge and experience working across various Australian businesses and industries. These include: local and state government, transport and logistics, retail, warehousing, sales, finance and education.
Kevin has held various positions, including senior partner, state and national management positions and senior consultant roles. He holds a Master’s degree in business administration and is a published author.
Kevin’s local business and academic skills make him the ideal speaker for this seminar.
Book a Spot